PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Drugs anyone?
Thread: Drugs anyone?
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2003, 08:25
TIMMEEEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Winstun - good to see your back and displaying the distinct lack of intelligence and blatant stupidity which appear to be your trademarks.

So you reackon its ok for certain pilots to indulge in smoking drugs and attack others for being overweight and some hungover?

To put the record straight Winstun if I or others I know had any doubt as to a crewmembers sobriety or the inability of them to do their job then they walk and dont have any business on my flight deck.
That is a government law and regulation under the CAO's WINSTUN in case you didnt know.

To compare alchol to heroin use is pure ****e.
When you buy alcohol you know what you are getting and the effects have been very well catalogued over the last few thousand years or so.
When you take heroin do you really know what you are getting or what its been cut with????
NO.
As to pure heroin where is this available from because most addicts would just love to know as well as the cops because it results in more drug deaths..

If heroin users do shoot up with pure heroin this is typically when they do overdose and die - thats a statistical fact.
Not to mention the addictive nature of heroin or the fact that heroin alone accounts for some 30% of break-ins,street crimes such as assault (for heroin money etc).
Talked to any heroin users and they'll tell you themselves how it devours their soul through its pure addictive qualities.

Give me the amber fluid anyday.

Whilst we're at it Winstun you talk of obese pilots and the danger of heart attacks.
Dont judge a book by its cover Winstun as an increasing number of younger people that appear to be fit are joining the ranks of those with heart disease/cancer/stroke etc.

Secondly Winstun you are obviously ignorant of many reports issued by both the New England Journal of Medicine and the British Medical Journal about the use of Marijuana and Cannibis as well as Ecstacy (MDMA).
These have highlighted the dangers of their use with respect to such little subtleties as Marijuana induced schizophrenia and damage the short term memory for MDMA users.
And thats just the tip of the iceberg.

These dangers have been addressed in all the media - TV/Newspaper/Radio so even the likes of yourself Winstun should not be immune.

As to pilots flying whilst "hungover" I hope you have a way to:

a. Define the term, and
b. Prove it.

These are very serious allegations Winstun so if you are aware of these practices I suggest you act on them according to the law.
With respect to pilots smoking dope on the weekends I suppose you were witness to this and never addressed those responsible to their face???

I thought as much.

In short Winstun the law is the law like it or not.
Bust the rules and you get caught in which case you wont get my sympathy.

As for the rest of your post Winstun I guess you know what everyone else thinks.

Last edited by TIMMEEEE; 16th Aug 2003 at 08:37.