PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Drugs anyone?
Thread: Drugs anyone?
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2003, 08:03
Winstun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GG, The only point I see from CC, and you is that good old simple Aussie mentality (much like Kaptain). Clutching at words, instead of grasping the idea... how about
responsible comma occasional recreational users of herion
By responsible, I mean showing up for work in a completely fit mental and physical state. Something not practised on a very frequent basis by many airline pilots worldwide that abuse alcohol on layovers. It is because of the legality and common excessive use of this drug, that it is the threat to the public. If you knew something about medicine, you would know that pure heroin (refined opium) is far less damaging to the body than alcohol. If by responsible, you mean, never broken the law....then I imagine we are talking about all the airline pilots that have never driven above the speed limit, cheated on their taxes, cheated on their wife, etc, etc. I do not condone the (very infrequent) use of illegal drugs, but it is the (frequently used and abused) legal drug, alcohol that is the safety threat to the good public here. BTW, CC are you fat? It is not hard to pass an aviation medical which is plainly evident from the all the obese airline pilots that ply the skies. It is a medical fact that obesity is a number one cause of heart attack and many other health problems. All beer swigging overweight pilots should be banned from cockpits before we start busting weekend marijuana puffers.....