PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2017, 14:00
piperboy84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know I sound like a broken record but the "outreach" is the real scam here. I'll hazard a guess as to the extend of the outreach.

1. Piggyback on anything Boeing had going but only to the extent of giving a talk or showing up for some ceremony, nothing concrete or tangible and certainly nothing that is going to change a disadvantaged persons life.

2. Dropped in at schools along the way of her flight, again for a talk and mostly about herself which benefited her PR efforts more than it did the talk recipients. Interestingly those schools and girls groups do have genuine outreach programs for STEM etc. and list the accomplished female mentors helping the girls. TCT is not listed as one.

3. I bet if you flipped thru the BIAB and Artemis expedition chequebook it would be slim pickings for the amounts and frequency that a cheque was written to a charity or for anything else that would count as outreach.

4. Attaching her name to service charities much in the same manner she attaches her name to true pioneering female aviators from the past as a way of legitimize her activities in the eyes of the public.

As I said, the outreach is all smoke and mirrors just like the solo thing.