PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - b727 line training..whats you idea?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2017, 08:38
Officer Kite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah, here we go again with a P2F or SSTR pilot blaming senior guys for the P2F contract that they signed, despite the senior guys advising them not to. Exactly what was the senior pilot group meant to do about it, Kite? You blame them for not defending terms and conditions, but it is the P2F guys that helped the managers undercut the old conditions, bringing down the Ts and Cs for the entire industry. Why no pay rises in modern years? Because starry eyed dreamers are always willing to undercut us.
I'm not P2F and I would never do P2F, I am however scheduled on a course to pay for my TR with a job offer at the end of it. It's about as good as it gets today down this end of the market.

The actual pilots who started devaluing themselves and the profession by paying for their training years ago are already up their respective career ladders - how is it in anyway the fault of those who want to start training today that they started a precedent that is now too late to do anything about. It is too late, paying is already the norm ... it is too late to do anything about it now, the time was years ago. And I never plan to do P2F as I said, but in a few years I will not be surprised if that becomes the norm the same way just paying for the TR is the norm today ... but I'm currently one of those refusing to do a P2F scheme. There are however many ex P2F pilots in EK from what I'm told ...

Last edited by Officer Kite; 12th Jan 2017 at 13:29.