PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pressure settings under a TMA
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2017, 13:12
alex90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You seem to think that flying in the UK is difficult and confusing, when it is not.
It isn't... No... It is rather simple... Once you get But it is by no means as straight forward as I have experienced in many places in Europe, and NZ.

Literature provided by the UK CAA is abysmal at best! It is segregated, and very hard to find. For instance the Farnborough LARS guide that I posted, I have NO idea where to find it on the UK CAA's website (or NATS website - but really this is a PILOT GUIDE and should really be available on the CAA's website or the AIP in my mind).

If you look at NZ CAA, they actually publish a wealth of information for pilots, even print booklets and send them to ATOs to give their students for FREE! (yes I did say free). Have a look at: https://www.caa.govt.nz/safety-info/...tion-practice/ where they have a load of useful guides... Alongside a load of tuition aid / memos for all sorts of flying related items.

I really think that there is considerable room for improvement with how they organise both themselves (8 weeks to issue a licence is crazy) and their literature (or lack thereof) and mostly regulations (which nobody understands...)

I hope that one day overpaid management at the UK CAA will realise that they're not delivering the service that is expected from a "world leader".