PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canada Rouge at Montego Bay
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2017, 08:30
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's about time some human factors analysis goes into the NOTAM presentation.

Spot on. Absolutely, and better filtering. there is far too much spurious stuff that masks the important bits. It's interesting that so much HF research is done on the actual operation of the a/c and all its systems. Here is an item (NOTAMS) that might seem trivial yet often proves to be the start of events.

Is this not a very suitable issue for the national union technical committee to make up with the relevant authority? Knowing what approaches are available is a critical as knowing the weather because they go in combination.

This has become more important in recent times. When I worked with flight dispatchers who gave preflight briefings this type of item was highlighted. Later, a dispatcher may not brief but would still 'marker highlight' important items in the NOTAMS. Now, in more & more cost cutting, everything is crew self brief in a reduced pre-flight planning report time. You have to print your own nav plans, check the a/c HIL's, print & check the weather, check...check....and still make the slot, but don't rush. Oh Please!