PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesian Citylink Pilot
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2017, 01:28
WingNut60

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
I agree. And so did more than 70 passengers down the back, if previous reports are correct.
In the video he shows all the common signs of (severe) intoxication.
However latest clarification from BNN (National Narcotics Agency) says that there were no indications of use of "Gorilla" contrary to circulating rumours.

BNN Komisaris Besar Slamet Pribadi - Slamet juga mengatakan Tekad Purna tak terbukti menggunakan narkotika jenis Gorilla atau AB-CHMINACA seperti rumor yang beredar. Zat yang mengandung ganja sintetis tersebut bisa dideteksi melalui uji laboratorium. "Berdasarkan hasil pemeriksaan, tidak ada zat yang mengindikasi dia memakai narkotik," kata Slamet.
So if it wasn't caused by a narcotic or an intoxicant, what was it that could cause a person to display such severe symptoms but only temporarily?
The pilot was simply found unfit for duty as defined by regulation CASR 67.
There is mention that he was found to be depressed, however my logic processes make me suspect that that may have arisen after the incident, not before.
And, unless I am mistaken, the downer after the high is a well known feature of many narcotic / stimulants.
I'd be interested to know how many plates of nasi goreng he consumed while undergoing examination. Do you know what I'm saying here, gents?

Selain diperiksa BNN, Tekad Purna juga diperiksa di Balai Kesehatan Penerbangan pada 28 dan 30 Desember 2016. "Hasilnya menunjukkan Tekad Purna dalam kondisi unfit," kata Direktur Kelaiakudaraan dan Pengoperasian Pesawat Udara (DKUPPU), Ditjen Perhubungan Udara, Kemenhub, Muzaffar Ismail.

Kepala Balai Kesehatan Penerbangan Medianto mendefinisikan kondisi unfit dengan, "personil penerbangan tidak memenuhi persyaratan yang tercantum dalam CASR 67." CASR kependekan dari Civil Aviation Safety Regulations atau Peraturan Keselamatan Penerbangan Sipil.Â

Last edited by WingNut60; 11th Jan 2017 at 01:43.