PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2017, 22:56
SATCOS WHIPPING BOY

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts
Nothing in the inbox from Portsmouth today and I really did not get chance to call them, I shall do so tomorrow without fail.

Interesting snippet from facebook which I have just shared in the Military Forum ( I don't think they are following this as closely as we have been doing in here):

"THE FIRST STRIKE" Typhoon on canvas has been presented by Number 1(F) Squadron to the Royal Air Force Club. In the photo are members of the squadron with honorary members including Tracey Curtis-Taylor Tracey Curtis Taylor - Aviatrix, Adventurer, Inspirational Speaker
RAF Club Vice-Chairman Rick Peacock-Edwards received the picture from OC 1(F) Sqn, Wg Cdr Chris Hoyle. 12 Dec 2016

Worming her way into the RAF club and yet another honorary membership. It all stinks.

Islandlad: If the money is not there to fund further flights then maybe the last legs of the trans-USA jolly might not happen at all.
It is one thing losing financial support but what if secondary support is removed too?
The lack of a UKtoOz documentary may be more revealing than it first seems.
If I were to make such a film about the Amy Johnson flights I would want to use as much material as possible that is readily available - historical footage etc. Who owns that footage? What if they saw this all as the sham it is and refused the rights to use it. That would be a major blow - imagine trying to make a film about the Apollo landings and NASA refusing to let you use any of their stock footage. Alternatively, National Geographic may have done their own background checks and don't want to be caught out. Just my thoughts at the moment; time will tell if I am off on a tangent.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
raf club.jpg (41.1 KB, 70 views)

Last edited by SATCOS WHIPPING BOY; 10th Jan 2017 at 23:39.