PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pressure settings under a TMA
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2017, 20:11
Jan Olieslagers

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
OK, fair enough.

(regarding a visit to that haunted airspace : I will be pleased to visit the UK, as soon as I am legally allowed to fly high enough to always remain within glide distance of terra firma - which I am afraid might take some time. Always have a plan B is my motto, and it has served me well; and ditching my high-winger in the English Channel is not a valid plan B for me. Yes yes, I do know it's only a couple of minutes and countless people have done it and yes, I know the engine doesn't know it is over water. That is exactly my reason to always want a Plan B: the engine can quit at any time, including those few minutes when I cannot glide to land. If the engine did know it was over water it could promise me to not fail right then - but it cannot. End parenthesis)

As for my misconceptions: I am willing to learn better, feel free to explain what I have misunderstood about the organisation of UK airspace and services. I still understand that at many places, pilots have a free choice of whom to talk to and that seems very unnatural to me, and needlessly confusing, and a potential cause for miscommunication.

As for my _many_ misconceptions: which are the others?

Last edited by Jan Olieslagers; 10th Jan 2017 at 20:37.