PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Denny Dobson, I thank you............
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2003, 02:28
BRL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Denny Dobson, I thank you............

.....for THIS , THIS , THIS ,THIS and THIS .
I was fortunate enough to be at the airport this morning, just wondering around and noticed a lot of ' media' types. People with big long camera lenses and a t.v camera next to the fire station.
I asked a bloke with a long lens what was going on and he said Denny was going to do a display. Hmmmmm I thought the media here just for a display..strange......
What happened was-some people help up two long poles with red and white ribbon that Denny cut with his wings. It was great. First he done a bit of aeros over the airfield then he went LOW and done the ' stunt ' several times right in front of us. It was great. When he landed and opened the canopy he got a good round of applause from all who were there. The best bit for me was when, after he done his display, being very, very low, he taxied back and casually got out in his jeans and t-shirt. I thought that was great. I imagine a load of people expected him to emerge in full flight suite but he didn't and it looked like he just done it on the spur of the moment.
I also saw our very own Fujiflyer but by the time I recognised him, he had gone.

I also took a load of pictures that I will put up on a site soon if anyone is interested.

Some good pics.......
[IMG]