PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet 2016
Thread: easyJet 2016
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2017, 09:46
Officer Kite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those that have passed Phase 3 at CTC, what was the most challenging aspect of the interview?
I attended at OAA though the interview is the exact same regardless of where you go.

Personally (and this goes back a few years) the most challenging part of these interviews for me is to find specific examples to the "tell me about a time when ..." type questions. It's fine having examples prepared beforehand, but the questions are very specific and it is unlikely your example will fit exactly what they've asked you ... so you have to improvise on the spot and think of how to fix your examples to suit the question, whilst not tripping yourself up and not waffling, as well as actually saying stuff that will get you the marks i.e. strongly demonstrating the necessary competencies and not just saying anything that comes to mind.

One thing I will say is that I was only asked 3 of these questions, which is very low compared to a previous easyJet interview where I was asked 8. I failed that interview so whether I was asked 8 because all my answers were rubbish and the interviewer kept giving me new chances, or whether it's just luck of the draw on the day (I had a pilot and not a HR person) I don't know - but that was that anyway.

You'll be lucky to get a pilot too ... I had one as I said and he seemed less interested in the HR side of things (much to my delight!) and more into the 'real' stuff ... flying, knowledge on flying, what you'll be doing, your future as a pilot etc etc