PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V2
Thread: V2
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2017, 07:03
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I neither flew, nor had any engineering involvement, with that very lovely passenger's machine .. enjoyed many pleasant pax legs around the network back in the days when the cabin crew had time to look after details such as wine, meals and nibbles
John T.,
It was also the best 150T fighter, as far as the bloke (or blokess) occupying L1 was concerned. It was right up there with the Electra as far as getting in and out of Wellington was concerned
Unfortunately (or as my wife said, "About bleeding time") I have "recycled" much of my old library, but the "two second all engine acceleration past V1" really sticks in my mind, because it had caused such a serious reduction on payload, a commercial penalty not suffered by or imposed on our competition ---- and something I pushed very hard at the time, because reactionary forces in CASA were exploring every angle to prevent the mid-1998 legislative changes and CASR introduction, including putting pressure on the operators to intervene against the changes at a political level.
It was a very close run thing that we got the changes at all, despite the efforts of "all the usual suspects" in CASA, some of whom are still writing "letters to the editor" decrying the changes to this day.
Tootle pip!!