PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aurigny Air Services
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2017, 12:59
kcockayne

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think ( don't know ) that the Scilly Isles & Orkney/Shetland/Hebrides services do enjoy a greater degree of insular satisfaction than Aurigny's Alderney services. Certainly, the Scilly Isles enjoy a far more frequent service than Alderney ( the population is a bit larger than Alderney's ). But, from what I understand, the fares are pretty steep. As far as some of the very small Scottish islands are concerned, there is a Government subsidy - is there not ? Having visited Westray, Papa Westray, Ronaldsay, Flotta, Sanday & Eday I have to say that they are far smaller communities than Alderney - so perhaps they appreciate their subsidized services a lot more than the Alderney community.
Alderney passengers have to pay fairly high fares (but less than Scilly Isles pax) & they have suffered from dependability, delay, cancellation issues associated with the "Dornier/Trislander debacle". But, I think that they should be at least a little grateful about what they generally do get from Aurigny , whilst I acknowledge that the airline has its failings, too.