PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2017, 11:22
DC3 Dave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very interesting analysis. What was already know is that Flybe will have to work hard to make the new SEN routes a success. It's interesting that only 2 destinations, Reus and Dubrovnik face competition from Jet2; that applies to all destinations served from their 5 London airports. I think that's significant in just who Flybe believe will be their future customers and how they will attempt to attract business and get the routes off to a decent start.

Going back to Jet2, you'd have to be leading a very sheltered life if you were unaware of the bombardment of advertising from them on TV, radio and free newspaper cover sheets most weeks. I guess it's what they have to do to give their STN operation the ability to compete against their more established (in the south-east) rivals. So let's hope a significant campaign by Flybe will be seen, and soon. Hopefully, the airport will join in with renewed vigor. I have liked the promotional videos they've commissioned, but they need to reach a wider audience. Now is the time Southend.