PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2017, 12:55
piperboy84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Call me a nitpicker but if you zoom in at 9:34 of the Farnborough departure video you see Tracey climbing into the plane with a kneeboard and a chart. A few things strike me as odd. Firstly it's the layout of the pilot notes for the flight, they seem to be compleltey disjointed and unnecessarily spread out taking up the entire page with relatively little information and look more like what I would expect to see when my teenage son is taking the family order for the Chinese carry-out. My limited experience of multi stop long x-country flying crossing FIR's and international borders and what I'd expect to see from someone who's embarking as PIC on such a flight would be compartmentalised and condensed info blocks for space saving, leaving room for anticipated copying of any ATC instructions and weather info enroute. Perhaps with departure, enroute and destination control, weather and VOR frequencies uniformly down one side in small print. Is it possible The comms and nav on this flight were handled as a "flight of 2" from the Piper?

Also there only appears to be one chart for the SE of England and not one for France, does the English one cover NE airfields in France?

Edit to add: I'm not taking about the penmanship ( god knows mine is like chicken scratches) Im referring to the scarcity of info for this type of flight and the hodge podge mannner it's written is not what I'd expect of a pilot that flew the entire continent of Africa

Last edited by piperboy84; 8th Jan 2017 at 13:07.