PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2017, 21:30
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
USA/BMI Regional

CATIII-NDB

I think you have hit the nail on the head - with multiple daily departures to a huge range of US gateways from LHR and increasingly MAN I don't see any new US services front BHX for the foreseeable future, they just don't seem to work in terms of high yield front end traffic and cannot compete in terms of frequency. The unfortunate withdraw of AA and lack of response from UA will hardly have other airlines rushing in to start US flights from BHX.

As for Norwegian, perhaps we're in with a chance as they're already brand aware in the Midlands but I should imagine they're pushing hard for a deal and BHX are not known for that - I can see BRS getting a flight over BHX if this is the case.

I think we have to be thankful UA still operate and that we also have excellent one stop connections to many US cities with Aer Lingua and Icelandair.

India - is there something new in the pipeline?

And what's happened to China, it's all gone very quiet after so much high profile PR in 2016 about the importance of getting a BHX - China route....

Daza

I don't see anything on the BMI Regional website for any of these destinations? The only flight bookable is Brussels (SN codeshare).....am I missing something?