PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Medical Standards Discussion Paper
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2017, 21:20
thorn bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"It seems that you accept the view that we live in a totalitarian state".

I think that is CAsA's view.

"You and many others have allowed CASA to run rampant over aviation by succumbing to the fear of retribution".

A very real fear that has been demonstrated time and time again to be very real. Many feel powerless because CAsA can and does operate outside the LAW, their bureaucrats have ensured they can, or have manipulated legislation to make resorting to the law a very expensive exercise, out of the reach of ordinary persons. Big corporations can fund high court actions, little people do not have that option.

I agree with sunny, any approach to CAsA must be via associations (strength in numbers)but even then fraught with risk. How easy would it be for CAsA to circularise the members of an association with a question "Do you agree with your associations stance on this issue?" and bob's your uncle the rabbit in the spotlight again.

The USA and Australia are poor comparisons, read the FAA charter and compare it with CAsA's, then the numbers, I don't believe there are enough pilots left in Australia to have any political influence.