PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robinson R22 Beta Equipped with performance exhaust?
Old 7th Jan 2017, 13:54
Rotor Kop

Location: Gauteng and in the bush catching problem animals or mining diamonds
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by topendtorque
I would recommend it based on our experience of one equipped thus some years ago now. If I remember I don't think cracking of pipes was an issue, cost was tho, about AU$800 from memory. say ten / twelve years ago. One up mustering it is not an issue in our warmish climes but we were chasing fuel economy, less power input etc. Those bits as I remember we were pleased with.

I'll try to get some more data for you including where it was made in the next few days as those involved are not far away.

I also for a time was driving around a '47 G5 once with tuned pipes. Oh boy loud that bastard. One bloke told me could hear me coming against the early morning cool winter breeze 18 minutes out. (that's at 75 knots for the nerds) No sir, no good for coacher mustering where one had to sneak up on cattle and not let the whole city know I was around. It was power plus and much more fuel efficient, but fatigue cracking of the pipes was a prob. We were lucky to have an engineer who had a bent in that direction. Fascinating to watch it running up at night time, looked like a V1 exhaust.

Another machine I owned for a bit was a 540 engined 47J model with straight out no muffler / pipes (went out up past the trannie). Wow, noise factor plus; no good for tourists where others liked to meditate in the vicinity. It went to Barossa Valley doing, guess what? Tourist work.

yessir, a fascinating subject.
This is an old post but i am interested in getting one of these, howeve they are talking $7300 ..... not cheap at all