PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Considering leaving BA
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2017, 19:39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no interest in a Porsche, a big house or any other crap that you wish to broad brush me with. I have a concern for my kids and my wife. When you are lucky enough to have met someone special and you have seen friends die young then it shifts your priorities. Like people have said this is not about money or about what others have got. It's about meeting the needs of your family both in person and financially.
Couldn't agree more!

Precisely why I choose to live in a cheap part of the country! That way I can also choose to spend the absolute minimum time at work! I don't need lots of money. I don't want a flash car! My expenses are small. Yes my tax is a bummer, but again, that's my choice. I COULD eliminate that, but my family and I value the UK life/employment safeguards. Many other places are great to visit. (And I have many times!) Wouldn't want to live, even less work there though. Of course because I chose not to live the ex-pat life, my family also have the joy of seeing their relies as often as they wish!

They're happy = I'm happy!

Before anyone asks. Yes this is all possible on SH. Ask me how I know?!

Despite some claiming they know my 'seniority', I don't believe I've ever given any indication? Nor is it important! Nor is it relevant, what fleet I'm on?

Don't have an expensive lifestyle, (ok, or maybe kids!!!) and this job could, with good choices, deliver a perfectly reasonable life!!

The prejudice against BA is rather surprising when one considers the numbers of applicants every time a window opens! Maybe all applicants are stupid, who have done no research. No 'due diligence'. Though I accept bex88 may never have actually wanted to fly for BA. Maybe significant?

Good luck whatever y'all choose.