PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2017, 21:47
mary meagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Winslow Arizona, May 11, 2016

Our American cousins do have quaint practices, such as writing dates out of order, when abbreviated. Easy to become confused, therefore, trying to make sense out of a US accident/incident report.

Makes me appreciate even more the British AAIB, with the complete story in decent English; nothing left out, nothing exaggerated.

Tracey completed the report form on May 18, 2016, and signed it as the pilot in charge of this flight (P1). Evidently the Boeing Stearman owner is given as 3G Classic Aviation based in Delaware, a state with a reputation of convenience for questionable enterprise. Somewhere in this thread I remember reading that Ewald owned the aircraft, and five or six others of the same type....

The relevant information to my mind about TCT are the details given of her experience; total time 1,750. Total time on type 450, and in command, 440.
She also claims an instructor rating, which in the US may be quite basic -

Ewald gives total time of 20,300 hours, ATC, IR, Multi engine, FI. And on this type, 850 hours. Pilot in charge, 460 hours, and as instructor, 180 hours. Doesn't seem to add up, somehow.