PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No more accommodation allowance EK
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2017, 17:58
Trader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This change, by itself and on the surface, is not really an issue. But taken in the context of history and, more importantly, what is happening now with cost cutting it becomes much larger.

If I had to guess I would say this is just the first step in a long series of measures to reduce costs. So I do find it worrisome since it is early days and the push to save money will only accelerate. To be blunt - if they think they can get away with it I would not doubt that they would do away with the allowance entirely even for those who currently own a property. It will come down down to cost vs. attrition vs recruitment vs advantage to Dubai Inc to having people own.

If they are cutting out expenses as small as Salik then the hurt going forward is going to be large!

When guys like CM arrive they cut hard and fast...kind of like the concept of pulling of a bandaid (to do it slowly is just more painful). CM knows beforehand that the process of 'saving EK' will be painful and that there is just no other way. I think the staff in the office are now well aware of this. The frontline employees..........well, we will just have to see how far they go in that area. We have been cut to the bone on the frontline but whether that is 'seen' or not is inconclusive.

Tough time are heading our way and I think to believe otherwise is foolish.