PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EVA B777 close call departing LAX
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2017, 16:11
henra

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by ATC Watcher
Which facts ? a FR24 print out posted on YouTube is " facts" ? Common man! (as Obama would say) .
Agreed, fact would be a bit too much. That said, FR24 and WEBTRAK traces don't have a history of notoriously being totally off.

Patronising? me ?
That's at least how it came across.

I give you a small clue why :
On post #1 you can see that the timing between the R/T and the map is wrong. Also the ACA is never in conflict with the EVA in there . So the ATC picture on radar was most probably quite different from what is on this FR24 youTube track.
Fair point, the question at the end simply is: Is the FR24/WEBTRAK picture completely off or not?! So far I see no reason to assume that we were shown a false picture neither in the video nor in the posted WEBTRAK chart.

Now, posting comments like " 5 seconds before ..charred remains" is not going to be winning you much credibility in here.
That was admittedly a bit harsh, but the idea that NTSB was seriously not clear about investigating this drove me mad. Every small Cessna that dings a wing is investigated and here we have case of a potentially very close call situation for a fully laden Heavy and they are not sure if they need to investigate