PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No more accommodation allowance EK
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2017, 13:45
MR8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not too much to worry about

Whilst I'm absolutely not happy about how things are going, this particular issue is basically a non-issue.
First of all, exactly the same has happened some years back: a freeze on allowance for new renters. Nobody who bought has been affected then or will now in my opinion.
Also, then and hopefully also now, the freeze was finished after only a few months due to lack of company accommodation.

In my opinion, this is a temporary freeze to 'take inventory' of our accommodation department and get things organised again.
We all want changes, but think about it. When faced with a problem in flight, the first thing you should usually do is to 'sit on your hands', take some time to assess. Is it so hard to imagine that this is exactly what is happening now? Just stop all unnecessary moves etc., assess the accommodation situation and come up with a workable solution that might put an end to accommodation trouble for once and for all.

What would you say if you moved out to rent because you don't like where you live, and suddenly they allow accommodation moves within the company?? Then you would have something to complain about again.

As the Don said: we have way bigger fish to fry!! Relax and don't start shouting at every email you get.

MR8

Last edited by MR8; 5th Jan 2017 at 14:09.