PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No more accommodation allowance EK
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2017, 11:38
BANANASBANANAS

Received 116 Likes on 57 Posts
Whilst I agree with your synopsis of the situation, Don, the solutions for all of the 'bigger problems' you, so rightly, identify are only going to be achieved by substantially increasing (high quality candidates) recruitment and decreasing attrition rates. I would suggest that the current changes to accommodation allowance exacerbates all those biggger issues by acting as a further headwind to recruitment and causing yet more pilots already here to consider their options. Result? Even more hours, even less requested leave being approved and even more unwanted forced leave (in useless 5 day blocks and still with >100 hours in the month) for you and me.

The email is (deliberately so, I am sure) ambiguous regarding continued allowance. It does state that those who have already purchased will get the allowance but what about anyone who wishes to purchase in future?

Similarly, anyone considering joining EK now, knows for sure that the opt out allowance to rent is definitely not available (nominally for 6 months but with all departments charged with making draconian cost cuts - I heard 30% from someone at the meeting - this is the thin end of the wedge) and opt out allowance for a future purchase or rental is now, at best, a very grey area and a huge financial and/or qol gamble for anyone considering applying to Emirates now.

Anyone joining EK tomorrow is going to be stuck wherever EK puts them for the foreseeable future/indefinitely and I can't see that not affecting recruitment and attrition.

Last edited by BANANASBANANAS; 5th Jan 2017 at 16:34.