PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2017, 09:14
clivewatson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be fair to Terry Holloway as far as I can see the only thing the Air League bestowed upon TCT was a framed address.

The following awards will be made at the Air League Annual Reception to be held in St James’s Palace on 3 May 2016.
The Founders Medal to Major Tim Peake for his exploits in space.

The Gold Medal to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of the Air Cadet Organisation which was founded by the Air League.

The Scott-Farnie Medal (for achievement in the field of air education) to Dr Robert Pleming.

The Quill Medal (for work encouraging airmindedness) to Keith Williams, retiring chief executive of British Airways.

Framed addresses will be awarded to:

Tracey Curtis-Taylor for her flight in her Boeing Stearman open cockpit bi-plane from
Farnborough to Sydney in Australia.

Johan Wiklund, a Swedish commercial pilot who completed a solo unsupported flight in his
de Havilland Cirrus Moth from Sweden to Cape Town.

Howard Wheeldon for his distinguished work as an aerospace analyst and commentator.
My only questions to Terry are:

How is it that he managed to source "blurb" from TCT's website and PR team that ever stated it was planned as a dual sortie? I have seen nothing to indicate that this could possibly be true. In fact it was not until June 2016 that TCT published her now famous "clarification" statement.

Why, if it was known in advance by the Air League that Ewald would be the pilot accompanying TCT, was he not a joint recipient? Surely for a known joint effort this would have been the correct thing to do.