PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2017, 16:09
Jonzarno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wrote the following post earlier today but didn't have a chance to post it. Since writing it, several other posters have made many of the points I wrote about but I still think it's worth posting.

One specific point: if anyone really did make an abusive or threatening phone call to TH: I think that behaviour is beyond disgusting.

Here's what I wrote:

Those who have seen my earlier posts in this thread will know that I carry no torch for Ms Curtis-Taylor.

BUT

In his post 3151, Terry Holloway says that the Air League gave her their award for her Australia flight and NOT her Africa flight. Further, he says that it was known all along that the latter flight was never planned as being solo and that the award was given with full knowledge of that.

If true, that would provide a justification for one of the many awards she has received. Of course, people can form opinions as to whether it really was justified, just as they can argue whether someone winning a medal really deserved it.

He also said that there was a "blurb" to that effect that he saw before the flight. Sam Rutherford has asked for sight of that blurb and that seems to be a request that is both easy and important to fill.

Sadly, Terry's post also unleashed a number of attacks against him personally. With all respect to those making them, I have to say that this really isn't helping in the campaign to get at the truth: at best it is playing the man and not the ball, and at worst it just gives Ms Curtis-Taylor a smoke screen to hide behind.

I know Terry Holloway to be an honourable man, with flying experience way beyond mine and that of many of those who insult him. I don't agree with his apparent defence of Ms Curtis-Taylor's increasingly ridiculous refusal to face facts, but I respect his right to do so and believe that I can have that argument with him based on the facts rather than by seeking to belittle him for daring to argue his opinions and disagree with me.

IMHO we have a better chance of achieving the clarity we all want by sticking to pursuing the facts. As Sam Rutherford put it in his recent post:

"Can we keep away from the distractions for just a short while?"

I think that is a really good idea.

My £.02