PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B737 Pilot selection (Updated)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2017, 14:05
INKJET

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear DB

I don't think anyone working for OSM on behalf of Norwegian is under any illusion that they are 'employed' by Norwegian, but again what difference does it make in practical terms?

I know personally of only a couple of people who had their contracts terminated without notice whilst working for the previous agencies now long defunct in short haul.

You may well be right in your prediction about Trump having a bonfire of Obama era legislation, but because you wish it so will not make it so and as i have said previously it will make very little difference, i do not see Trump wanting to pull out of open skies with Europe and neither do the American airlines.

This is very straight forward, either NAI and/or NUK does meet the requirements of open skies in all areas including the labor provisions or it doesn't the fact that the DoT spent 3 years under huge lobbying pressure looking for a reason to say NO but ultimately granted approval (reluctantly or other wise) speaks volume.

The IAA have some curious airlines on the their register from all over Europe and beyond including the the Airbus that came down over Northern Egypt. They also have Ryanair, Aer Lingus and of course all of Europe's Norwegian short haul fleet outside of Norway are or will be by years end on the Irish register.

I have no doubt that there are many advantages basing an airline in a country/currency where you do the majority of your business, but Norwegian is a pan European airline with back office functions in Spain, the UK and parts of Eastern Europe.

So we await Trumps Tweet T - 16 and counting