PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air
Thread: Gulf Air
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2003, 09:34
reracked.au

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More GF

Re GF
Of interest to some may be the following. As all the Aussie forum reading LAMEs will know, 'The Australian' newspaper on a friday has a weekly Aviation Forum for the Australia-Pacific region (Incidently, this Aviation section as an attachment, may be be purchased to be delivered to your in-box each friday Eastern Australia time, containing news and jobs. www.news.com.au then follow the prompts to 'The Australian' then to Aviation. I cant recall the cost, but its not expensive )

Having said all that. I am not an employee of News Limited and only provide this as general interest. And I can tell you that there are few if any, maintenance positions listed at the moment. This has generally been the case thus far this year

Anyway, back to GF. Todays issue has an interview with the Australian GM of GulfAir. It appeared he was talking the carrier up, saying that next financial year they are expecting a -20M loss and, to break even 2005.

Recent A340 aquisitons, and increasing the Gulf traveller fleet of 767s, from six to nine aircraft were mentioned. As was a decision "in the first quarter of next year" in regards further aircraft to join the fleet. Seeking double daily services to SYD and AUH. A prospective North American sector was also broached, as was returning to Basra and Baghdad when appropriate.

Anyway, best Wishes to all,

reracked.au