PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2017, 09:07
Above The Clouds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Satcos Whipping Boy
When TCT left Farnborough for Oz she was on her own;why?

Quite simply it was because ALL the media were there to see her off and explaining the second person in the aircraft would have been rather difficult at that crucial phase of the journey. A short, easy, hop across the channel to pick up her pax (out of sight of the cameras) and off THEY toddled to the southern hemisphere. The more it niggles me the more I wonder if she went Farnborough to somewhere more local to pick up her pax and then across the channel.

I would really really really like to get my hands on the GenDocs which should show who was in the aircraft and for which leg(s) of the flight TCT managed on her own (with chase plane either "chasing" or "leading").
I suggest you make contact with the Aero Club at Farnborough, its a long taxi past the Aero Club to the departure runway, I understand she may have stopped near the club which is out of sight for a few minutes enough time for someone to climb aboard !

Its only what I have been advised and personally haven't bothered to look any further.