PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brain picking time again please.....
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2017, 08:34
xanda_man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I found the air travel forum on tripadvisor to be a little outdated for TOM and nobody knew much about the new layouts etc on the 787's, plus there was so much old info it was difficult to get what I needed, so here's my 2 pence

I can't speak for the TUI 787's but assume it's the same however the Premium offering on the TOM 787's is a worthwhile upgrade. I flew BHX-CUN-BHX in August and loved it and would choose it again over standard.

My main reason was to get 2 seats without accommodating a stranger next my wife and I for 10 hours, why TOM have chosen 3-3-3 in Economy is beyond me. We flew the 763 to CUN previously and liked the 2-4-2 config. Typically the flights are full of couples or families of 4 (or more) and the 3-3-3 config makes this a little difficult on seat selection.

Food, crew, comfort and overall experience was fantastic.

If you do choose TOM premium and it is the 787 I would recommend seats 1 A&C or preferably G&J. There's loads of legroom and prior to what I've read the bulkhead doesn't contravene legroom, we were in 1 G&J outbound and it was more than ample. Avoid 7 A&C, there's no window. We were in a regular premium row (4 A&C) on the return and again this was just fine.

Last edited by xanda_man; 4th Jan 2017 at 09:58.