PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chrome will not open
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2017, 07:49
driftdown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chrome will not open

I have searched and cannot find any threads on this issue.

Running Windows 8.1 on a Dell laptop, Norton antiviral. First sign of trouble was Norton not connecting to search for AV updates. Norton performed a connection fix and now when I try to search using Chrome. I get an error message indicating "your connection was interrupted" then a reload option which sometimes works or not. In most cases eventually the page loads although paying a utility bill on line was an exercise in patience as it took 5 attempts to navigate through the process.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome and now when I try to open Chrome it opens up a "box" and the nothing more happens. Tried the uninstall/reinstall process again and no change same issue. I can access the Internet using IE so it is not a immediate problem although I would be happy to find out why this has happened and any solution to try to get it fixed without resorting to handing the laptop over to IT guru as I am travelling and not based anywhere permanently.

If anybody has suggestions or thoughts on the cause and how to resolve it I would appreciate the guidance.