PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Utter Indifference" of Emirates in DXB
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2017, 17:21
The late XV105

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Heathrow Harry
Being stuck in DXB airside is not the worst fate that can befall anyone - there are rest rooms, restaurants, bars, shops................ better there than being trucked to some 2 star place outside TBH

These things happen and pretty much all airlines are the same in my experience - they'll get rid of you as soon as they can but don't expect any SERVICE
To the comment of don't expect any service; On the occasion I write about I was travelling from Heathrow to Tucson via Chicago. A change of aircraft meant a much delayed departure and a powerful headwind meant the flight took way over the scheduled time. I had just under one hour to get from gate to gate, across the airport and of course having to collect and deposit my hold baggage in the process.

On approach to Chicago all connecting pax were told over the PA to collect a yellow envelope from the wall of the hall after leaving the airbridge - and to keep it visible to fast track formalities. There were lots and lots of such envelopes.

Inside my envelope was a ticket for the next morning's flight, a confirmed hotel room, a dinner voucher, a breakfast voucher - and a clear instruction to use them if I didn't make the connection.

I did, by the skin of my teeth but I thought the handling of the delay by BA and their ground agent to be excellent.