PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Utter Indifference" of Emirates in DXB
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2017, 14:44
Background Noise

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have only connected in DXB twice and both (operationally) were fine - even on the return when the inbound flight had been delayed and we were concerned about the reduced time on the ground of 45 minutes. They had us disembark first, and guided us through flight connections, but the EK staff were clearly not as worried as we were and the connection worked with plenty of time in hand.

As for a little effort making a bad situation bearable (see thread http://www.pprune.org/passengers-slf...ve-beyond.html), they could have done bit more for us on the way out. We had the unfortunate experience of being vomitted on - well not fully, but a bit of overspray from a nearby pax on the descent. Although it was a projectile event, we only got a coupe of spots on trousers and fortunately my partner had her super-practical travelling vinyl handbag which was wipe clean, but we still felt a bit unclean.

But, given that we had another 5-hour flight to come, and it being their home base, I do think they could have been a bit more ingratiating - maybe offered the use of their premium class facilities, shower, washrooms etc. We complained a bit later on and after being fobbed off a bit we eventually got a good load of points, but a bit of help at the time would have worked wonders - and been free.