PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V2
Thread: V2
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2017, 06:05
john_tullamarine

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
No don't remember that's got to be over 20 years ago now.

That's around my time in field service. Do the names Tiz Quagliatini or Terry Steen ring any bells ? One or both of those fine chaps (the field service reps) ought to have been in attendance.

.. "regardless of what is left ahead, any engine failure below Blue Line during take-off we will abort!"

Certainly a useful consideration for FAR 23 aircraft other than with a gazillion foot long runway ... especially for the N24A, which was probably the subject of the conference comments, and was very much OEI WAT-limited.

I always had much the same view in light twin flying years ago .. unless the weight was low, the overrun hazardous, and the terrain ahead for climb quite benign. Raised a few eyebrows during GA instrument rating renewals when my brief was along the lines of .. "touch a throttle prior to x ft on the altimeter and I'll close the other one and land ahead". Strange .. never had an examiner test my mettle on that one. I tell a fib .. Al B. pulled an engine at liftoff on my Partenavia endorsement at EN, years ago .. stopped with plenty to spare.

One caveat, the US government Nomads were, as I recall, transport certificated.