PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sunwing pilot pulled off YYC flight due to intoxication
Old 3rd Jan 2017, 04:31
Gauges and Dials

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Markdp
It does not matter whether you way 180 lbs or 250 lbs. When you have a drink it is not measured in the amount of drink you have had. It is measured in the amount of alcohol in your blood stream.
Yes , the theory that some people can consume more than others before becoming apparently drunk does vary, of that there is no doubt. However all law agencies need to follow a certain criteria, hence the laws we have today.
Trying do justify your drinking habits by saying i way more than the person next to me does not exonerate you from the fact that you could effectively be under the influence according to law.

And secondly, how do you get passed your operations center where you must report before take off in that state of mind
There may be some confusion here. Legal limits are defined in terms of alcohol percentages (i.e., in the blood, or in the exhaled breath). Assuming that a 200 lb person has about twice as much blood, muscle, internal organ mass, and other wet tissue as a 100 lb person, which is a pretty reasonable assumption, then it will take about twice as much alcohol for the 200 lb person to reach a given blood alcohol percentage as for the 100 lb person.