PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "WHO's WHO": What do you fly? Where?
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2003, 06:14
RDRickster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

From the relative Newbie side of the house...

1) What types of flying work do you do?
I don't have a flying job. I work in Information Technology making decent coin. Still, I would rather a have flying job.

2) What types do you fly?
R22 Beta, R22 Beta II, R22 Mariner, R44 Raven I, Bell B47G2, Brantly B2B, Enstrom F28C, and the Enstrom 280FX. I'm trying to get as much experience with different types of aircraft as I possibly can. I haven't flown the Schweitzer or Hiller, yet - but they are next on my list.

3) Where?
Baltimore / Washington Metropolitan Area (USA)

4) Previous jobs?
At my last job, I was the Information Systems Security Manager for the DoD Global Emerging Infections Surveillance and Response System. Today, I'm the Chief Technology Officer for a local training and network integration firm.

5) Previous types?
None (trained on R22)

6) Military/ Ex-Military?
I spent 13 years in the U.S. Army, and I participated in two different tours of combat before I was legally able to drink alcohol! While I was in the 82nd Airborne (Infantry), I jumped into Panama in '89 and went Gulf War I in '90-91. After that, I moved to a different field of work (to finish school) and eventually got a cool IT job for the Under Secretary of Defense for Health Affairs. I couldn't financially afford to stay in military service after that.

7) How long have you been flying?
About 3+ years

8) How many hours?
Much much less flying time than the rest of you Pro's

9) Most memorable flight?
As a passenger... conducting a parachute jump from the back of a CH-47!

Comments:
I enjoy the conversations and humor at PPRuNe, except for the occassional threads that seem to attack another person's character. Also the threads that are too ridiculous or way off topic are bothersome.

(Edited to Update Information)

Last edited by RDRickster; 20th Aug 2004 at 00:40.