PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest addition to Rotorheads 'Hall of Fame'
Old 15th Aug 2003, 05:28
Rich Lee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cyclic_fondler
"Looking at the picture of you infront of the heli wearing a parachute, I was wondering how practical would it be to jump out of the ship if you knew that there was no other way?"

Everybody comments about the parachute but nobody notices my big Breitling Emergency watch (you know big watch, big....)! To answer your question; in the flight test world, several people have successfully bailed from out-of-control helicopters. When we are conducting a particularly dangerous test at an altitude that allows deployment of a chute, we wear them.

Steve76
"So! all I need to do is fly upside down to get on the hall of fame...piece of cake." I don't know the rules myself....I thought I was here because I know a guy who knows Nick Lappos.

ShyTorque
"A big welcome, Rich! However, I hope they pointed out it costs a round of beers to join......"
Many thanks for the welcome....go ahead and put those beers on account.....on account-a I ain't got enough money. Should we ever cross paths I will be happy to by you a few...ah, beers.