PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair. The best thing since sliced bread?
Old 13th Aug 2001, 05:01
Flame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capt Sensible..

Me thinks your not forcing anyone to do anything, but surely even you are getting fed up writing the same old dribble all the time...Remember...valium, and the "no PC rule " just for a few weeks at least..

Minuteman
I think if you check out the actual load factors you will find them nearer to %81 and not the 50-60% as you state, also surely you are not calling B737-800 old aircraft

"Why won't MOL spend the money on new aircraft? Is he worried about future earnings??"

In case you have not noticed, prices for second hand aircraft are currently falling faster than the value of the Euro and from a commercial point of view it makes good business sense to "play the field" and obtain these aircraft at a cheaper price than the 800'S, these 737-300/400's are actually replacing the -200's. and as for your comment about future earnings...I certainly hope that he has this in mind, he is answerable to shareholders and is running a PLC not a Charitable organisation, perhaps if EI had been run the same way, it would not find itself in the present quagmire it is in