PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TP Command or Jet F/O?
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2017, 18:28
Akrapovic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quite right regarding lifestyle. .

Play the long game, i.e. - where do you see yourself career-wise? If the TP operation suits you in terms of the lifestyle and pay it gives you, as well as job security etc, then why not stay put? I think most of us tho are ambitious individuals and most, I would say aim for a swept wing jet of some sort, so why tread water in some respects by taking the command?

Put it this way - say a colleague of yours in the same position as you decided to take the FO jet job, while you took the command, and then a few years later you decide to follow suit. Depending on recruitment, your colleague could have years on you regarding seniority and time to command. I've seen it in my airline, and I'm sure this scenario isn't an isolated case.
Worth bearing in mind - you're still young. I was flying ATR at your age, moved to FO jet, then command jet by my mid-30's... I'm now back in the right on LH and still a long way to go before retirement . . . .

All depends on your circumstances tho and market forces are very hard to predict, particularly in this job!

Good luck.