PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Utter Indifference" of Emirates in DXB
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2017, 06:58
ExXB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd like to see airlines rated on their record of dealing with problems of this nature. This is the airline industry and sh*t does happen from time to time. I recall, some years ago, travelling SIN-ZRH on SQ. which returned to SIN after shiputting down an engine somewhere over India. On arrival in SIN every passenger was given a letter that apologised for the delay and detailed the alternative arrangements that had been made on that passengers behalf. Some were rebooked onto a replacement flight, some on other flights (SQ and OAL), some with connecting flights etc.

Of course they did have a few hours to orchestrate this, but in my mind this is the gold standard. Spare no expense. Get the passengers to their destinations ASAP without any hassle. And this type of treatment should happen at every station, not just home base.

Edited to add: Seems as Airline Senior Executives are exempt from disruption. https://www.theguardian.com/business...t-not-for-long Interesting comment from QF spokesman that it is normal to cascade an irops problem through successive flights. While I suspect this was just a lie to justify bumping a First Class Passenger to keep the CEO happy, I certainly hope it isn't true.

At the airline I worked with many years ago there was a standing order that passengers took priority over all employees, particularly the CEO. In one case The CEO was behind the counter helping passengers reroute, not hiding in the lounge.

Last edited by ExXB; 1st Jan 2017 at 07:31.