PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TP Command or Jet F/O?
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2016, 15:05
goodpic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Piltdown Man : this is one of the best short summary I've seen recently about the profession. Spot on. (my only comment : don't forget the boys and girls in the cargo world - some cannot take it but the ones who manage to get used to it would never look anywhere else - because of the lifestyle and roster - so we can add them to the "happy camp")

Been there done that - command experience, just like flying experience generally does not only come from the hours but from the number of sectors you do as commander and also from the years, the years spent in the business actually seeing different things and hearing about different things. Keeping this in mind I would never turn down any command opportunity. You will always be able to get a jet job (maybe 1 or 2 years in the RHS first) after flying as a TP captain and I guarantee you will be in a much more solid position as an experienced person when the time comes to switch seats in the jet.

You can always buy a type rating but it is not possible to buy command experience, and keep in mind command experience is also a long term investment.

Last edited by goodpic; 31st Dec 2016 at 16:47. Reason: forgot something