PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2016, 13:08
caaardiff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's have some fun speculation around that new scheduled airline.
BE has to be a strong contender, looking to take on BD on the German routes. I wouldn't be terribly pleased about that, as it would put the LH interline/codeshare at risk in favour of point to point traffic.
or maybe BE will establish a 3x daily to their hub at EXT

Other, more helpful, possibilities:

LX to ZRH
SK to CPH
IB to MAD
OS to VIE
TK to IST

That list gets pretty unlikely, pretty quickly. Completely off my even wildest suggestions would be AF, AZ, TP, LO. BA doesn't get a mention because whilst Bristol is *British*, it can't have a route to LHR or LGW. So BA are out.
BE - Doubtful given their operation at CWL. Much of which competes with BM (BD no longer exist)
LX - Would be a nice Star Alliance addition, but given Helvetics history on the route, granted not supported by LX, I can't see it. Although ZRH is one of the major cities not served from BRS.
SK - CPH. ARN didn't perform hence them not returning for Summer 2016 and EZY already operate, whereas no-one currently operated to ARN
IB - MAD. Doubtful given Iberia Express starting CWL-MAD
OS - VIE. Definitely a good suggestion. Austria does well during the Winter.
TK - IST - Perfect operator to test the East Long Haul market, otherwise maybe QR?

LO - Could be a wild card. There's lots of Poland flights, so could work.
BA - They do operate summer flights from other regional Airports With Cityflyer EMB's. So I wouldn't completely discount them.
AZ - Probably not in any position to be trying new routes
AF - Tried and tested. Could effect the KL flights, but could work.

It wouldn't surprise me if Norwegian were considering BRS - NYC. A low cost operation would probably work better than CO who relied more on J cabin sales.