PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TP Command or Jet F/O?
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2016, 11:22
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its all about your family, your friends and where you want to live and your working life. I'll shortly be retiring, so I don't have a dog in this fight. But I do know of of many others. I know many people who fly massive shiny jets to far off places, earn a fortune and are as miserable as sin and can not wait to get out. I know people who fly A320s for loco operators and they earn good money but are knackered every night. I know others who fly 737s for a certain gentleman and they like the stable roster but hate the company. I also know another group who rather enjoy flying some rather old and knackered silver and red 737s and they appear to be the happiest of the jet pilots. But the overall, the most satisfied are the TP drivers.

One thing is clear, flying is not what what is was and if it doesn't change its ways it will be one of the jobs (it's certainly not a profession) that is best done by others. The fun has gone, the lifestyle has gone and in its current form it is corrosive on family life. So if you have to fly, work out where you want to live, with whom you want to live and take employment that fits with your goals. Jets are vanity, lifestyle is sanity.