PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maurice Kirk is in Africa
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2016, 11:08
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As my daughter would say: "OMG!"

It looks as though the leading edge man had to change to a bigger rock with which to pound dents. I wonder if he'll be pounding out the crushed ribs as well!? I am open to hearing that the post repair and inspection G=KURK, was issued a UK flight permit, which was validated by the local aviation authority for a limited ferry flying to a place suitable for a proper repair. Any flying that 'plane does beyond that, or without such authority is irresponsible, and sets a very poor example for other impressionable pilots.

While considering the profile of that leading edge, ask yourself as a pilot, would you fly it that way? If your wing had frozen snow/ice irregularly accumulated to 1/4" thickness, would you fly it?

Out of courtesy, I must allow for the possibility that Mr. Kirk will have commissioned and excellent and conforming repair to his Cub, including the necessary structural inspections, so he's not guilty of flying a defective and unsafe aircraft - unless he does....

There is a lesser standard for a ferry permit limited aircraft, there maybe a very slightly lesser standard for an LAA aircraft, but it is negligent to fly an aircraft which does not conform to its flight authority.