PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF 50th Reunion
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2016, 09:52
SpazSinbad

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
E-mail about Clive Mayo received today from Jeff Chartier:
"Good evening one and all,
On behalf of Commander Fleet Air Arm, CDRE Chris Smallhorn, and National President of the Fleet Air Arm Association, RADM Mark Campbell (Rtd), I have the unfortunate task of closing out 2016 with the news that former RAN FAA member, Clive Mayo, ‘crossed the bar’ at approx. 0500 WST today, 31 Dec 2016, following a short stay in hospital. He had suffered from kidney failure and lung disease (so far not attributable to cancer), & his body had wasted away to the point that his heart was unable to cope.

Clive was part of the 3rd Contingent of the RAN Helicopter Flight Vietnam, as well as the first CO of the reformed HU-816 SQN in 1984, operating Wessex in the Army Support and Utility roles.

http://www.faaaa.asn.au/snippets-his...eration-bursa/

Former COMFAA, CDRE Vince Di Pietro offered the following statement today re: Clive which I thought was appropriate to share:
"Clive was a terrific, uncomplicated bloke who enjoyed life to the fullest and at times at full afterburner when idle would have more than sufficed! I remember his affection for Wessex 813 'Calamity Jane'; his prowess at cryptic crosswords; an uncanny ability to attract more poo as a CO than the total aggregation of his Squadron's SL Sub Lieutenants; his tiger pattern [CO HU-816 TIGERS] unregistered Mini - as much at home when illegal on the 'Tross roads as it was on its roof in the Wardroom; and, his pet dog who could chew through 240volt washing machine power cords and not feel a thing! Vale Boss!"
Mr Jeff Chartier

Last edited by SpazSinbad; 31st Dec 2016 at 22:25. Reason: format & tiger tiger burning bright & PIETRO spelling + BURSA