PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesian Citylink Pilot
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2016, 05:44
bud leon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lantern10
I wonder how often that happens in the imagined superior cultures.

Glad to see the posts above pointing out how inane the posts are blaming Indonesian culture on this. They are particularly inane because Indonesia has relatively low alcohol consumption rates.

Also, there is no information on whether the security guards subsequently notified superiors, or whether the FO was also taking some kind of action. Posters have just jumped to a bunch of uninformed conclusions based on their prejudices.

It is true that Indonesian culture is polite and generally avoids conflict, but in my business experience Indonesians will engage in conflict as appropriate. It's also true that Indonesians avoid blame. However I've found that behaviour in almost every culture I've worked in, witnessing senior executives from western countries completely annihilate juniors' careers to protect themselves.

I actually wonder if many of these self-appointed behavioural experts actually work in asia, because although many of the cultural qualities discussed exist, they are nowhere near as dominating as so often described on this forum. They certainly need negotiating, as do the negative aspects of western cultural behaviours as well.