PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 31st Dec 2016, 05:26
aussiefarmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd be very careful when making the decision to join EK at the moment. As much as I badly want people to join to improve my 90-100hrs rosters there are several factors that would make me think hard about signing with EK;

- EK is on the verge of losing money at the moment - as per the half year results
- EK is inmerse in a transformation process to get back (or close) to its past profitability, this is translating at the moment in thousands of job losses and benefits reductions - not affecting pilots directly at the moment but, who knows?
- Age restrictions for command upgrades and massive slowdown in expansion mean that if you are in your mid twenties (and probably regardless of your age) your upgrade will take 10-13 years, and remember... very hard to get another decent job without current PIC hours

My advice would be to wait until dust settles. Maybe by the end of 2017 things look clearer. Flight Ops seems to be putting a bit more effort nowadays to improve things for pilots too - let's see if there are any positive developments in the following months.