PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTC Africa
Thread: FTC Africa
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2003, 00:39
silverknapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would certainly advise caution here to be honest mate. I went out for PPL/hour building with a view to doing groundschool there too. Got the PPL ok, but with about 8 different instructors teaching me. When I attempted to hour build though I found it frustrating as aircraft I had booked overnight were suddenly taken away. Also new PPls aren't allowed to fly the new aircraft that they really sell in the sales pitch.
Having seen what people went through at the groundschool changed my mind though. The notes are apparently poor and the course seemingly lacked structure. This was according to guys on the course and their opinion was not very high, therefore I decided to come home.
Above all though I found their attitude to customer service very poor. Don't pay into the IOM account. I did and they were constantly badgering me for money when it was already in that a/c. It got to the stage that they wouldn't hand over my PPL as they thought I owed them money. I didn't they just hadn't received a bank statement. The owner then blatantly lied to my face about what happened. I had been informed by other staff that he had locked it away. The accomodation is a pit too, rats everywhere. And the car you get isn't really yours, it can be taken by people going to the night school, leaving you stranded.
The place has so much potential, it is just badly managed. I did enjoy my time there but saw many who didn't. At least think hard about it. I have heard the same stories of staff not being paid so there must be something to it. And the old adage about flying training is true, NEVER pay up front.

All the best