PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TU154 out of Sochi is missing.
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2016, 20:21
Anvaldra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Clandestino
As usual, there is not much signal yet and quite a lot of noise. However, if we take the maximum altitude and speed figures quoted by RT as reliable, we can discount the possibility of too low config takeoff. If one tries that stunt, trouble begins as the aeroplane is leaving the ground effect, at about half the wingspan height. 250 m or about 800 ft is unobtainable, unless one is very lucky Argentinian flying OE registered Super80.

Everything I have flown in recent decade and half fits into "western built L2T" category and while procedures might be different from Russian military's, my lowest all engine acceleration height was 800 ft and if there is trouble during cleaning up, aeroplane would definitively climb above that before hell breaking loose.

If it were my due to place bet now, I'd put my money on the tired pilot monitoring pulling the flaps lever to zero instead of gear up.

Could someone with Tu-154 experience comment on how easy it is to move flaps lever all the way up and how difficult it is for the pilot in the LHS to reach the gear handle, пожалуйста?
It is possible to reach gear handle from LHS if you have at least 6 ft half-rising ahead and to the right and unlock safety pin initially. Flaps lever is required to be clipped and held to move all the way up