PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 30th Dec 2016, 17:05
sonoma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue. Good luck in whatever you decide. It really is no one's business what you do when you decide. We have all of us different reasons for doing anything in life.
There has been a shortage of pilots for a long time. Airlines, where possible, don't want enough pilots. My comment is based on what I was told by a former colleague who is still there. He was told by a former DCP that policy was to be short of pilots. He attended a wash up 4 years ago, where JA stated it would get worse (guys were very upset then) before it would get better, and when it got better, it would be as bad as it was then. In the time intervening, they actually stopped hiring for a while.
You should be able to make your own judgement based on knowledge available to you on the company media. The bond now is 5 years instead of 3. The recruitment video emphasises lifestyle instead of career - ? You can ask to speak with people, and have your questions prepared, rather than their questions answered.
Have you heard of the term, 'island fever'. Once you're on the island, and you find you don't like it. How do you get out? I'm not suggesting that you'll be happy or sad there. However, once there!!